TCS Placement Papers | TCS Aptitude Questions | Latest TCS Question Paper
TCS Placement Paper :
2. Find the fourth row, having the bit pattern as an integer in an 8-bit computer, and express the answer in its decimal value ?
A 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1
B 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
C 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1
3. Complete the series 2, 7, 24, 77,__
4. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 750 meters width. A cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river and 1500mts away from the power unit. The cost of the cable below water is Rs. 15/- per meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs.12/- per meter. Find the total of laying the cable.
Ans. Rs. 22,500
5. In a two-dimensional array, X (9, 7), with each element occupying 4 bytes of memory, with the address of the first element X (1, 1) is 3000; find the address of X (8, 5).
6. In the word ORGANISATIONAL, if the first and second, third and forth, forth and fifth, fifth and sixth words are interchanged up to the last letter, what would be the tenth letter from right?
7. What is the largest prime number that can be stored in an 8-bit memory?
8. The size of a program is N. And the memory occupied by the program is given by M = square root of 100N. If the size of the program is increased by 1% then how much memory now occupied?
9. A man, a woman, and a child can do a piece of work in 6 days. Man only can do it in 24 days. Woman can do it in 16 days and in how many days child can do the same work?
10. In which of the system, decimal number 184 is equal to 1234?
11. If TAFJHH is coded as RBEKGI then RBDJK can be coded as?
12. A power unit is there by the bank of the river of 750 meters width. A cable is made from power unit to power plant opposite to that of the river and 1500mts away from the power unit. The cost of the cable below water is Rs.15/- per meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs.12/-per meter. Find the total of laying the cable.
Ans : 1000
13. In Madras, temperature at noon varies according to -t^2/2 + 8t + 3, where t is elapsed time. Find how much temperature more or less in 4pm to 9pm.
Ans: At 9pm 7.5 more
14. The size of the bucket is N kb. The bucket fills at the rate of 0.1 kb per millisecond. A programmer sends a program to receiver. There it waits for 10 milliseconds. And response will be back to programmer in 20 milliseconds. How much time the program takes to get a response back to the programmer, after it is sent?
15. If VXUPLVH is written as SURMISE, what is SHDVD?
16. If A, B and C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 30%, 20% and 10%. What will be the fuel economy if they were used combined.
17. A Flight takes off at 2 A.M from northeast direction and travels for 11 hours to reach the destination, which is in northwest direction. Given the latitude and longitude of source and destination. Find the local time of destination when the flight reaches there?
Ans: 7 am
18. A can copy 50 papers in 10 hours while both A & B can copy 70 papers in 10 hours. Then for how many hours required for B to copy 26 papers?
19. A 2D array is declared as A[9,7] and each element requires 2 byte. If A [1,1] is stored in 3000. Find the memory of A[8,5] ?
20. A is twice efficient than B. A and B can both work together to complete a work in 7 days. Then find in how many days, A alone can complete the work?
21. A person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10 mph. Another person was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice the same. If the second person was traveling at a speed of 35 mph, find the speed limit.
Ans: 15 mph
22. A bus started from bus stand at 8.00am, and after 30 minutes staying at destination, it returned back to the bus stand. The destination is 27 miles from the bus stand. The speed of the bus is 18mph. In return journey bus travels with 50% fast speed. At what time it returns to the bus stand?
23. A restaurant bill is made up of the following: $12.50 for starters, $28.55 for main courses and $8.95 for deserts, plus a 15% service charge. How much is the bill?
A B C D E
$56.50 $57.50 $57.00 $59.50 $60.50
24. A team of eight lumberjacks cut an average of 15,000 cubic feet of timber in a week. How many cubic feet will four lumberjacks cut in four weeks?
A B C D E
30,000 25,000 32,000 16,000 28,000
25. A discount of 15% is offered on an item which previously cost $1.80. What is the discounted price?
26. Which of the following are orthogonal pairs?
a. 3i+2j b. i+j c. 2i-3j d. -7i+j
27. (Momentum*Velocity)/(Acceleration * distance ) find units.
28. In some game 139 members have participated every time one fellow will get bye what is the number of matches to choose the champion to be held?
29. one fast typist type some matter in 2hr and another slow typist type the same matter in 3hr. if both do combine in how much time they will finish ?
Ans: 1hr 12min
30. In 8*8 chess board what is the total number of squares ?
31. A person, who decided to go to weekend trip should not exceed 8 hours driving in a day. Average speed of forward journey is 40 m/h. Due to traffic in Sundays, the return journey average speed is 30 m/h. How far he can select a picnic spot?
Ans: 120 miles
30. A & B are playing a game. There are 8 oranges in a row on the table. one Player can take 1-4 oranges in a pick (a maximum of 4),one who picks the last orange wins the game. ‘A’ plays first How many oranges should he pick first time in order to win the game.
31. A salesperson multiplied a number and get the answer 3, instead of that number divided by 3. what is the answer he actually has to get?
Ans. is 1/3.
32. In a mixture, R is 2 parts, S is 1 part. In aoder to make S to 25% of the mixture, how much R is to be added?
Ans: one part of R
33. With 4/5 full tank vehicle travels 12 miles, with 1/3 full tank how much distance travels
Ans: 5 miles
34. Two trees are there. one grows at 3/5 of the other in 4 years, total growth of trees is 8 ft. what growth will smaller tree will have in 2 years
Ans: < 2 ft.
35. Last year pandit was thrice his sister’s age. Next year he is only twice her age. After 5 years what is pandit’s age.
a) 2 b) 12 c) 11 d) 14
36. Box of 150 packets consists of 1kg packets and 2kg packets. Total weight of box is 264kg. How many 2kg packets are there
a) 96 b) 67 c) 100 d) 114
37. Satish earns 240 weekly. 12% of big amount + earning weekly = 540. What is the big amount?
a) 3200 b) 3600 c) 2500 d) 1000
38. Julia is twice older than qurban. If Julia was 4 years younger, qurban was 3 years older their diff. between their ages is 12 years. What is the sum of their ages?
a) 67 b) 57 c) 36 d) none
To View Placement Pattern CLICK HERE