History of C Language | History of Programming Language C
Before going to discuss about the History of C Language. We will look what are the other programming languages came before the C. We know that C programming language is not the first programming language created. There are few predecessors to C. It all started with language named FORTRAN. Here is the list of languages.
History of C Language:
- The Programming Language term is started with FORTRAN Language in the year 1950.FORTRAN stands for Formula Translation language.
- After FORTRAN Language, The programming language ALGOL is Evaluated. ALGOL stands for Algorithmic Language.
- C is evaluated from two previous Languages, BPCL and B.
- BCPLis developed in 1967 by Martin Richards. BPCL is stands for Basic Combined Programming Language.
- In the year of 1970 from BPCL one more Programming language evaluated by Ken Thomson. That is B-Language (Basic Language).
- The C Language was created by Dennis Ritchie at AT&T Bell Labs in the year 1972.
- In 1988, C programming language standardised by ANSI. That version is called as ANSI-C Version.
- After few more changes in 2000 C programming language is standardised by ISO that is called C99.
- Then Decade after, In the year 2011, The C Standards committee released the new version of C language and The name of the version is C11. Which brought lot of new features.
Time line of Programming languages:
Related Articles :
- Character Set of C.
- Different Keywords of C Language.
- Operators in C Language.
- Constants and Different types of Constants of C Language.
- Identifiers and Rules for Naming Identifiers.
- What is Variables and Variable Declaration and Initialization?
- Datatypes and why we need Datatypes.
- Comments- Single-line comments and Multi-line Comments.
- Statements and Different types of Statements.