Features of C Language :
- Mid-level Language
- Simple language
Dividing program into subprograms (in c case functions). it is good practice to implement each sub-task as a separate program module. In C such modules are written as functions
Writing code with modular approach have many advantages few are
- Easy Debugging
- Code Re-usability
- Clarity on each block(function)
C is Platform Dependent Language anyway it is Machine Independent language that means C program is 100 portable in same operating system but it is not portable under all Operating systems.
So we can use our c codes under any hardware with same operating system.
Note: C is Platform Dependent Language
C Language have High level features (syntactically similar to english, modular approach) and as well as C also have low level features (in-line Assembly programming, Bit-wise data manipulation) so C is called as Mid-Level Language.
- we can write application programs and System programs by using C language.
- Mainly C is developed for system programming i.e Operating system programming.
- C was developed under Unix operating system but advantage of entire UNIX operating system is re-written in C language.
C is Very easy language, keeping things as simple as possible consistent with the overall program objectives usually enhances the clarity and accuracy of a program.
Other C Characteristics
- Structured language
- Pointers (by using pointers we can directly access memory)
- It is High-Level Language
- Extensive use of functions
- In-Built library functions
- C allows user to add his own functions to Library
- Good File management structure