What is Programming Languages and Types of programming languages
Spread the love
Programming language is special type of instructions which are useful to communicate with computers in other words it is a communication channel between programmer and computer.
There different types of programming languages are there but basically all languages are falls under two categories those two types are
- Low-level Language
- High level Languages
Low-Level programming languages
Programming languages in symbolic format and not easy to write and understand those languages are called as Low-level programming languages
- Low level programming languages are in form of mnemonics like SUB,ADD,MOV…etc
- maintaining code, writing, debugging of this type of language is not easy compared with High level programming languages.
- Low-level languages are Hardware dependent languages we cannot reuse code on different hardware devices.
- Assembly level language is best example for low level programming language
High-Level programming language
Programming Languages syntactically similar to english and easy to understand and Independent of Hardware are referred as High level programming languages.
- High-level programming languages are independent of hardware.
- High-Level programming languages easy compared with low level languages
- Basic advantage of High-Level languages are easy to understand,read,write,maintain,debug.
- Anyway program written in high level language need to translated into Machine level language (because computer understand machine level language only) this is take care by our compilers
- Examples of High level languages are
- C#(c sharp)… more
Anyway these are main two types of programming languages
but unfortunately these two type of languages are not understand by computer. Computer understands Machine language only.