Programming language is special type of instructions which are useful to communicate with computers in other words it is a communication channel between programmer and computer.
There different types of programming languages are there but basically all languages are falls under two categories those two types are
- Low-level Language
- High level Languages
Low-Level programming languages
Programming languages in symbolic format and not easy to write and understand those languages are called as Low-level programming languages
- Low level programming languages are in form of mnemonics like SUB,ADD,MOV…etc
- maintaining code, writing, debugging of this type of language is not easy compared with High level programming languages.
- Low-level languages are Hardware dependent languages we cannot reuse code on different hardware devices.
- Assembly level language is best example for low level programming language
High-Level programming language
Programming Languages syntactically similar to english and easy to understand and Independent of Hardware are referred as High level programming languages.
- High-level programming languages are independent of hardware.
- High-Level programming languages easy compared with low level languages
- Basic advantage of High-Level languages are easy to understand,read,write,maintain,debug.
- Anyway program written in high level language need to translated into Machine level language (because computer understand machine level language only) this is take care by our compilers
- Examples of High level languages are
- C#(c sharp)… more
Anyway these are main two types of programming languages
but unfortunately these two type of languages are not understand by computer. Computer understands Machine language only.